TAM'S THOUGHTS!

This blog contains the personal thoughts and ideas of Tammy Snell Mulford Hill

Monday, January 11, 2010

After the bitter....then comes the sweet!

Today I will record some feelings about the law of opposition.

This morning, January 11, 2010, I awoke around 3:30 am with a horrible sore throat and fever. Because Maddy, my eight-year-old daughter, was diagnosed with strep throat last week, I knew that I needed some antibiotics soon. Jeff was so kind to ask what the needs of the children were for the day, as well as my plans for the day. I explained everything that needed to be done, the children's lessons, scouts and practice schedules. Jeff then rubbed my back and recited some scriptures to me. I fell into a deep sleep, enjoying his touch and voice very much.

I again awoke around 9:30 am to a quiet home. I called to Jeff. He came running upstairs to tell me about the morning. He had arranged his work schedule to work from home today. He had taken care of family prayer and scripture reading, breakfast, fixing lunches, and getting the children to school. He had called the doctor and medicine would be ready for me shortly. As he explained his morning to me, my heart was filled with such gratitude for having him in my life. I remembered my busy years of teaching school. Being sick was more work than staying home as I would try to get ready for a substitute teacher. Then I recalled my years of being a single mom. During these times when sickness would strike the exhaustion and stress of managing children, home, and illness alone were most disheartening.

Today my sickness was filled with a humbling sweetness. How blessed I feel for a thoughtful, gentle, living husband; for a healthy body that will soon mend; and especially for a wise Father who allows us to experience it all.

5 comments:

  1. Your comments are too kind! You are an amazing woman! I love you!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome my dear friend Tammy! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yor are AMAZING!!!! I'm so grateful to be able to call you a dear friend. Thanks for your insights :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tam, I am so delighted that you have a blog and that I get to be enriched with all your wise-ness. :) I love how you put feelings into words. I don't do that too well. I love you and I hope you are feeling better and that you will add us to your blog list. kylerandhillary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy! that was such an uplifting thought for the day! Thank you! I stumbled across your blog and am glad to see all is going well for you! (except the strep throat!) hoep you get feeling well! (ps i'm Jana Wardell, back yard neighbors) If you are interested in catching up, email me at janawardell@msn.com and I will add you to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Jeff and Tammy Hill

Jeff and Tammy Hill
Cruising Fun!